John has displayed his kustom cars in over 1000 shows worldwide. His cars have been featured in almost every automotive publication throughout the world. Most of his kustoms are on display at the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles, California. His kustoms have won many honors including multiple “Best of Show” and “Most Popular Car” awards along with many record-breaking prestigious awards, such as “World Most Beautiful Custom” honors.
Here’s John’s latest award –
John has won more major kustom awards than anyone in history in the world of “kustomizing.”
D’Agostino has been inducted into the Academy Awards of Automobile Excellence (Branson, Missouri), the Oakland Grand National Roadster Show Hall of Fame, the San Francisco Rod & Custom, Kustom Kemps of America, the Darryl Starbird Hall of Fame, the Sacramento Legends of the Autorama, and a total of 7 Hall of Fame honors. John has made several guest star appearances on MTV, Speed, Discovery Channel, The Vintage Vehicle show, as well as many others around the world.
Below is a list of some of the awards John D’Agostino has won over the years:
- 13- time Winner- Sacramento Autorama “BIG B” Awards!
- Winner of the George Barris Kustom D’Elegance Award at G.N.R.S. 2007
- Winner of the Al Slonaker Award at G.N.R.S. 1991
- 6- time Winner of the Rod and Custom Magazine’s “BEST of the BEST”!
- Inducted to the ACADEMY AWARD of AUTOMOBILE EXCELLENCE (Grand Marshall ) Branson, MO.
- Multiple H.A. Bagdasarian “WORLD’S MOST BEAUTIFUL CUSTOM” Award Winner.
- Inducted to the Kustom Kemps of America ( K.K.O.A. ) Hall of Fame – 1995.
- Multiple Gene Winfield Custom D’Elegance Winner.
- Honored as “TRENDSETTER of the YEAR” at the San Francisco Rod and Custom Show – 2004
- Honored as “BUILDER of the YEAR” at Blackie Gejeian’s Fresno “Invitational” Autorama – 2004
- Multiple Winner of the Harry Bradley Design Achivement Award.
- Inducted into the Sacramento Autorama “LEGENDS” Hall of Fame – 1984
- Inducted into the Grand National Roadster Show Hall of Fame – 1995
- Multiple Kustoms on display at the World famous PETERSEN MUSEUM in Los Angeles, Ca since 1995.
- Inducted to Darryl Starbird’s Rod and Custom Hall of Fame – 2004.
- Multiple John D’Agostino Kustoms Mattel “HOT WHEELS” sets.
- 4- time Sam Barris Memorial Award Winner!
- Awarded “AMERICA’s KUSTOM LEGEND” ( Grand Marshall ) at the Kustom Kemps of America – Leadsled Spectacular in Salina, Kansas – 2009
- 18- time Winner of the Joe Bailon “ELEGANCE AWARD”!
- Multiple Custom SWEEPSTAKES Award Winner both domestic and international.
- Multiple PEOPLES CHOICE Award Winner both domestic and international.
- Multiple BEST in SHOW Award Winner throughout the World.
- Inducted to the San Francisco Rod and Custom Hall of Fame – 1998
- Inducted to the San Francisco Rod and Custom RICKY AWARD – 2008
- Inducted into the DIECAST “HALL of FAME” in Las Vegas, Nevada – 2010
- Multiple Steve’s Auto Restoration “MARK of EXCELLENCE” Award Winner!
- Multiple “AMERICA’S COOLEST CUSTOM” Award Winner!
- Guest Appearances on MTV, Hot Rod T.V., Speed Channel, Discovery Channel, Jonnie King Hall of Fame Radio Show etc…etc…
- Restyle New Project Vehicles from Chrysler for SEMA Shows in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Inducted into Kustoms of America (K.O.A.) Hall of Fame 2011
- Inducted to the Route 66 Hall of Fame in 2011
- “King of Kustoms for 2013″
- 2013 Sam Barris Award for Sophia
- 2013 George Barris Kustom D’Elegance Award
- 2013 Joe Bailon Award
- Most UNIQUE and ELEGANT Car (Mayors Pick etc…) CONCOURS ON RODEO
- BUILDER OF THE YEAR 2014
- INDUCTED TO WEST COAST KUSTOMS (WCK) HALL OF FAME 2014
- CUSTOM D’ELEGANCE of the Year 2015
- World’s Most Beautiful Custom 2015
- “ELVIS III” wins CUSTOM D’ELEGANCE Award at Sacramento AUTORAMA 2015
- The “Pantheon” 1968 BUICK Riviera wins World’s Most Beautiful Custom at Sacramento AUTORAMA 2015
- The JD Crystal Award of Excellence
- The “Rita” ‘58 Packard wins “King of Customs”at SACRAMENTO AUTORAMA ((2017)
- Inducted into the 1st ever EUROPEAN Hall of Fame in Oct 2018 (Yankee Car Show… Lahti, FINLAND) along with Gene Winfield, Jimmy Shine and Billy F. Gibbons (ZZ Top).